Monday, March 24, 2014

To Any Visitors Reading This Blog...

...Welcome!

This blog was originally intended to provide a convenient way for family and friends to keep updated on my daughter Addy's condition, surgery, and progress. As such, I have considered abandoning it, since we are reasonably certain the worst is over in terms of Addy's surgeries, and there are other just-as-convenient means of keeping our friends and family up to date. However, I have noticed that this blog continues to get a reasonable amount of traffic from the outside... presumably because there are quite a few folks out there who are searching for information on craniosynostosis on behalf of loved ones. (After all, at about 1 out of every 2,000 babies being born with the condition, it is fairly common, even though most of us have no idea what that big word means when we first hear the diagnosis.)

For this reason, I have kept this blog open, for the sake of giving a little more information on craniosynostosis, treatments, and an example of what children with "cranio" go through and look like, both as babies and down the road. And though most of you visiting will probably be more interested in what I have already written, I will try to give at least a brief update every once in a while and let you know how Addy is doing!

And while I may not be updating often, I still regularly check the email associated with this blog, so please feel free to leave a comment!

I wish you all the best of luck in your own journeys.

No comments: